GrowRIVERSIDE Conference and related events
October 2, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
4600 Crestmore Road,
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Join us on the week of October 2, 2019 for the 6th annual GrowRIVERSIDE Conference. Online ticket sales for the 6th annual GrowRIVERSIDE conference event end Monday, September 30, at 11:59 p.m.
The GrowRIVERSIDE Conference convenes like-minded stakeholders working to build a robust local food and agriculture economy to address food access, health equity, and economic opportunities.
→ Learn from 12 sessions through 4 tracks.
→ Network with regional food systems stakeholders
• Track 1: Rooted in Riverside
• Track 2: Urban Agribusiness Development
• Track 3: The Workings of a Sustainable Farm
• Track 4: Community Health, Food Justice, and Equity
Author/Farmer/Owner, Polyface Farm
Farmer/Owner, JSM Organics
Also taking place in conjunction with GrowRIVERSIDE (separate registrations required):
Annual Farm-to-Fork Citrus Circle Dinner
On the evening of October 2, 2019, enjoy a night of entertainment, local food, and delicious drinks at Jensen Alvarado Historic Ranch catered by Riverside Unified School District. This is a fundraiser dinner where proceeds support the GrowRIVERSIDE Initiative.
Online Ticket Sales for the Citrus Circle Dinner Ends Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Dinner Date And Time
October 2, 2019, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m.
Jensen Alvarado Historic
Ranch and Museum
4307 Briggs Street
Riverside, CA 92509
Join Us For A Full Day Tour Of Three Dynamic Farms on October 3, 2019
- Coastal Roots Farm
- Go Green Agriculture
- Mellano & Company
Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. at the parking lot of the Halloween Store at Lake Elsinore Outlet Mall, 17600 Collier Ave, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530. The tour bus leaves promptly at 8:30 a.m., returning by 5:00 p.m. Lunch is provided.
Online Ticket Sales for the Farms Tour Ends Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
*Note: Closed toe shoes are required for the event.
Get Certified Training In Good
Agricultural Practices And Food Safety!
Are you a new or beginning farmer? Looking to produce safe, high quality food for distribution? Be sure to score tickets for the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Food Safety 2-day training on October 4 & 5, 2019. Upon successful completion of Day 1 and Day 2, attendees will receive a certificate of completion. Attendees completing the 2-day training may be eligible for reimbursement funding for future GAP audits on their farms.
Day 1, October 4 Day 2, October 5
• Review of food safety issues and market implications
• Overview of USDA GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) audit requirements
• Introduction to buyer requirements, third party audits, and food safety regulations
• Record keeping, and worker training
• Manure, compost, and animal management
• Production water management
• Post-harvest water and packing house sanitation
• Safe produce transportation and traceability
• Tour of RUSD Food Hub • Introduction to farm food safety work plans
• Development and drafting of your own farm food safety plan
• Consultation with certified experts in development of USDA GAP audit
Lunch and snacks are provided in the workshop fee.
*Registration required for each day to participate in the 2-Day Training.
Register for all events here: