OC RMDZ Workshop
OC RMDZ Workshop
October 6, 2021
10 am – 11:30 am
OC RMDZ…What is it? How can it help businesses in my city?
The Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) program, developed by the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), combines recycling with economic development to fuel new businesses, expand existing ones, create jobs, and divert waste from landfills.
This program provides attractive loans, technical assistance and free product marketing to businesses that use materials from the waste stream to manufacture their products within the Zone.
A RMDZ has been formed in Orange County, with 7 cities (Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Lake Forest, Orange, Santa Ana, Stanton) and unincorporated portions of the County as its current participants. Businesses located within a RMDZ boundary may qualify for a variety of economic incentives and business development assistance, including:
- Low Interest Loans and Other Assistance with Financing. A CalRecycle RMDZ loan can finance up to 75 percent of a project, up to $2 million per loan
- Permit Assistance, including local and State permitting and regulatory process guidance
- Location Assistance in identifying suitable industrially zoned sites throughout the RMDZ
- Feedstock Sourcing/Marketing Assistance for businesses in need of materials feedstock or seeking an outlet for their residual materials
- Access to business plan assistance, industry cluster networks, business incubation hubs, city economic development leaders, financing assistance, promotional outlets and more
The OC RMDZ is expanding to other cities in Orange County. It is free to join the OC RMDZ. A city can quickly and easily add this incentive-based opportunity to a city’s business recruitment and economic development efforts with a City Resolution. Sample resolution language is available. Sustain SoCal is conducting several online workshops to better acquaint cities and other stakeholders with the OC RMDZ and to help guide them through the simple application process.
For registration details, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/OCRMDZ